Monday, February 2, 2009

No Limits!

This morning I woke up and went to Woburn for more soft-tissue work and massage.  Each session seems to build on the next and I've learned that soft-tissue work is an invaluable element necessary for top performance.  The results have been nothing less than extraordinary and my body feels great!  

I got back to the house around 11:30 and had lunch while watching Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations in Mexico, love this show!  After lunch I decided that I would take a nap, so I went to my room, grabbed my sleep mask and turned on Spa Radio Pandora on my iPhone.  It felt so good to nap and I slept for around 3-4 hours.  Feeling refreshed, I got up and took a long shower and finished with a long cold splash.  I find that it quickens the body and excites the CNS (Central Nervous System), perfect for preparing for the weight session that would follow.  

Tonight's workout was an upper body day with a focus on volume and core strength.  Listed below is what I did tonight:

A1. Plank w/foot raises- 3x20
A2. Deadbugs- 3x5
A3. Oblique side bend- 3x8
B1. Bubkas 3x8
B2. Pushup on bosu 3x10
B3. Landmines 3x10 w/ 45 lbs.
C1. Bar Rollout- 3x6
C2. Oblique Pulldown- 3x8
C3. Suspended Plank on physioball with arm circles- 3x5

After this core/spinal engine series we started the meat of the workout:

A1. DB Bench- 4x8 w/100 lbs.
A2. Weighted Pullup to upper chest- 1x6 w/45 lbs., 3x6 w/35 lbs.
B. Pushup on handles- 3x20
C. Seated row- 3x10 w/150 lbs.

At the end of this session Carl massaged my quads and hamstrings for over half an hour, making sure that my legs were primed for sprinting tomorrow.  

For dinner I had curried lamb with coconut rice.  It was delicious and reminded me of an excellent meal of Lamb Tikka I had in Windsor, England about 10 years ago.  The flavors were so rich and pronounced, a very well prepared dish!

My body is starting to really respond to the training, I'm visibly leaner than I was when I arrived and I weighed in at 208 after the workout before eating dinner.  The most I've ever weighed is 213 and I still felt explosive at that weight.  While weight isn't a major concern with our training, I'm heavy enough right now, I'd like to show up in the 210-215 range.  I'm a firm believer in maxing out ones abilities in every area, I'm looking to be as big, fast and strong as possible.  More than that, I'm looking to shock the world on March 3rd.  I'm confident in my abilities and can't wait to put them on display for the scouts.  I'm blessed to have such a great support staff up here, not to mention my family and friends back home.  I can't tell you how excited I am about training the next few weeks and the results that will follow.  No Limits !

As I said earlier, tomorrow is another high intensity sprint day and I'm still working on "perfecting my craft" (as my good friend and former teammate Mikail says).  I'll check in tomorrow and provide an update on that session.

God Bless,

Thomas




No comments:

Post a Comment